Sunday 29 January 2017

Tabletop Waterfall (Homemade)

It all started a month ago, in the vacation after the semester exams. I was thinking about how to spend the remaining holidays and decided to do something creative.
I always liked the tabletop waterfalls I have seen in the market. But we didn't own one. So I decided, why not make one ? I searched for ideas on the internet, saw many pieces on Flipkart, Snapdeal, Amazon and by Google image search. It was difficult to choose one design. All the waterfalls were kind of modern and minimalistic, and not of the type that i saw many times in the local market. I finalized the design by combining elements from a lot of waterfalls, and gathered the materials needed.

Though it was challenging  to create the shapes using Plaster of Paris, the end product is astonishing . I liked the texture I gave it to resemble like rock formations. The multicoloured waterproof LED lights gave it a marvelous appearance. For frondescence, i embellished it with some artificial plants.

I enjoyed making this tabletop waterfall and just can't stop looking at it while hearing the serene flow of water as it flows down from one cavity to another.

Check out the video on YouTube :


Or go to
https://youtu.be/W2SJy1ANL4o

Some photographs :





When the lights are off :






Take a look at the texture :





Kapil Chandorikar.


0 comments:

Post a Comment